MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited(MCB-AH) is an Asset Management Company which is a subsidiary of MCB Bank Limited and manages investments of over Rs. 79.9 Billion (as of February, 2019) on behalf of over 75,000 customers. Our customers comprise a broad range of individuals, trusts, pension and provident funds, companies and even public sector entities. The company is rated AM2++ by PACRA.
MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited manages 15 Mutual Funds, 2 Voluntary Pension schemes and different Investments Plans in its product portfolio to meet the investment needs of its growing clientele. The Company was conceived in the year 2000 and in March 2002, two of its flagship Funds, the MCB Pakistan Stock Market Fund (MCB-PSM) and the Pakistan Income Fund (PIF) were launched.
MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited is listed on the Pakistan Stock Exchange. It is is regulated by the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) under the Non-Banking Finance Companies (Establishment and Regulation) Rules, 2003, Non-Banking Finance Company and Notified Entities Regulations 2008 and Voluntary Pension System Rules 2005 and holds licences for Asset Management, Investment Advisory and Pension Fund Management Company, managing Open-end Mutual Fund and Pension Funds. MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited is a member of the Mutual Funds Association of Pakistan (MUFAP).
MCB-Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited has been an industry leader, setting international standards and bringing innovative products to market.
- One of the largest client base in the private sector asset management companies.
- MCB-AH enjoys one of the highest Asset Manager Rating of ‘AM2 ++ ’ (by PACRA) in the industry
- MCB Pakistan Asset Allocation Fund (MCB-PAAF) has been assigned 5-star ranking for one year due to its outstanding performance by PACRA based on returns achieved up to 30th June 2012
- Our Equity based fund i.e. Pakistan Stock Market Fund was included in the World’s Top 100 Equity Funds for 2012 by Thomson Reuters Lipper
- Pakistan Income Fund launched in March 2002 by MCBAH was the First Income Fund in the mutual fund industry
- MCB-AH brought first private sector Equity Fund of the country in March 2002, i.e. Pakistan Stock Market Fund which has created an Alpha of 192% (over KSE-100) since inception till April 2013
- Pakistan Cash Management Fund became the First Money Market Fund to be assigned stability rating of ‘AAA(f)’ in the country
- MCB Pakistan Sovereign Fund MCB-PSF, established in 2003 was the first sovereign risk Income Fund in the industry
- Pakistan Premier Fund (PPF, then a Closed-end Fund) was also placed in KSE top 25 companies in 2005 and 2006
- Pakistan Income Enhancement Fund rewrote history in Fixed Income Funds category (inception in Aug’2008) by earning highest ever annualized return of 18.33% in FY’09 (normal return without any provisioning reversals)
- Alhamra Islamic Asset Allocation fund (Formerly: Pakistan International Element Islamic Asset Allocation Fund) was the first Mutual Fund in the country with permission from the State Bank of Pakistan to invest in overseas markets
- MCB-AH was the first Asset Management Company to convert a Closed-end Fund (Pakistan Capital Market Fund) into an open end fund in 2006 keeping investors benefit as its supreme interest
Asset Manager Rating by PACRA
Management Company: AM2 ++ *
* “AM2 ++”: Asset Manager meets very high investment management industry standards and benchmarks with noted strengths in several of the rating factors.
Date: 8th October 2018
Entity Rating by PACRA:
Entity Rating: ‘AA-‘ (Long Term), ‘A1+’ (Short Term)
Date: 28th December 2017